CLICK HERE for this week’s episode of The Insider Threat Podcast! I’ve included the show notes below for your viewing pleasure.
– In this episode we give a recap of the WannaCry ransomware, talk about insider threat in health IT security, Observe IT User Behavior Analytics, and more! Don’t touch that dial!
– We have gotten some great feedback. Keep it up!
– Infosec Question of the Week: How did notorious hacker Kevin Mitnick know that federal agents were near his apartment? – Send your response to InfosecAnswer@gmail.com. Be sure to include your first name, location, and #colddonuts
– WannaCry Recap https://www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2017-051310-3522-99
– Information Age Website – Cyber security professionals “admit to paying ransom” http://www.information-age.com/insider-third-party-access-rank-top-cyber-threats-123466142/
– Health IT Security website – 67% of Security Teams Say Insiders Top Data Security Threat http://healthitsecurity.com/news/67-of-security-teams-say-insiders-top-data-security-threat
– SC Magazine – Insider threat faces $300K fine for hacking former employer https://www.scmagazine.com/security-officer-faces-300k-fine-for-hacking-boss-after-caught-faking-overtime/article/661655/
– Human Vulnerabilities Become Technical Ones http://blog.titania.com/human-vulnerabilities-become-technical-ones/
– Observe IT http://observeit.com
– Thought of the Week – “If you engage in changing your culture, if you engage in empowering your staff… then people go from being the weakest link to the biggest part of defense” (Dr. Jessica Barker)
– Thank you for listening to episode 2 of The Insider Threat podcast. Please remember to subscribe, rate, and share with everyone you know! Those reviews are key to building this out and improving for later episodes, so please feel free to leave suggestions and constructive criticism. You can contact us on twitter @stevehigdon or email us at email@example.com.
– Thanks again and I’ll see you folks next time!